Viking Malt Oy is the world’s leading malting company of special malts for beer. Viking Malt’s sister company Senson Oy
manufactures cereal extracts and enzymes, and imports and markets ingredients for the food and beverage industry.
Together we employ about 300, with a turnover exceeding 240 million EUR. The companies’ home market is the Baltic
Sea area, but we also have a strong foothold in the export market outside Europe, such as Asia, Latin America and Africa.
In addition to Finland, the company has subsidiaries in Lithuania, Sweden, Poland and Denmark. Our main office is
situated in Lahti, Finland.
For further information, please visit www.senson.fi and www.vikingmalt.com.
We are looking for an
You are part of our Group R&D team in Lahti and responsible for the development of novel malted products for food
and beverage applications. You work in close cooperation with our commercial team, production and customers, to
ensure a customer-driven and efficient innovation process, a smooth scale-up and successful product launch. You also
network with research institutes and universities both locally and internationally to set up a project portfolio that
supports the long-term development needs of Viking Malt. You manage and contribute to the innovation process and
help to identify new opportunities based on consumer insights, ingredient trends, food legislation and production
We offer to you:
– An R&D Manager position in a forward-looking business
– International presence and visibility in one of the world’s leading malting companies
– Opportunities for further career development in an international organization
– Comprehensive induction and team support
We expect you to have:
– Suitable academic degree (MSc, BSc) and minimum 5 years of experience in a relevant field
– In-depth knowledge of food science and/or technology
– Basic understanding of food safety standards and legislation
– Sound commercial knowledge and understanding of customers & markets
– Project management skills and proven record on successfully leading development projects
– Problem solving skills and a proactive way of working
– Fluency in English and preferably Finnish
– Possibility to travel regularly (about 30 days a year)
Are you interested?
Please fill out the application form in English and attach your CV with expected salary latest by 31.3.2019 at
For further information please contact Annika Wilhelmson VP, Innovation, Quality & CSR 044-555 7913 or by email